Friday, October 2, 2009

The Visa: Update #1

So as it turns out part of the information that I sent the Korean government was not the correct information. Along with all of the documents I had sent, I also included a local criminal background check. However, because I don't have a criminal record, the police department gave me a letter stating I had no convictions. This local criminal background check was altogether the wrong document that I had needed to send. What needed to be sent was a state-wide open record review.

I spoke to my agent and, although I sent the wrong information, I still am able to send the open record review with plenty of time to be cleared for a visa. Today, I made my third trip to Albany to try and resolve my visa issues. At the DCJS I spoke with a man who was unbelievably accommodating regarding my position and short deadline. Sidenote: it normally takes 7-10 business days to complete a open record review, Santa Claus at the DCJS could have it in 1-2 days.

Unfortunately, after the open record review is mailed back to me I have to make a fourth trip back to Albany to put an Apostille stamp on the letter from the DCJS which recognizes it as an international document.

In order for me to have all of my documents on time to get my visa, they need to be in Korea by October 12th. Although I am cutting it short, SO FAR, everything seems to be working out in my favor.

Cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam, it was great seeing and speaking with you Friday. Love ya, UNK

    ReplyDelete