Friday, October 16, 2009

The Visa: Update #2

Four trips to Albany and two packages mailed internationally containing all of my vital information later, I’ve finally gathered all of the necessary documents required for my E-2 visa. Luckily for me, everything seems to have arrived in Korea in time. However, unfortunately, dates from this point seem to be irrelevant. I’ve told so many people that I am leaving the country mid-September, then mid October, then October 30th and now for the final update: I’ll be leaving the country at an undetermined time. Because visa processing can take up to two weeks, my school said that my contract period will begin the first day of teaching, whenever that happens. This time my uncertainty only ranges a few days rather than a few months, so I guess you can say that I am thankful for that. Truthfully, I just want a concrete and booked flight date. I am getting kind of tired of telling EVERYBODY a specific day and then having it constantly changing. I’ve decided the only way to combat this is to not say anything until I have a plane ticket in hand. Current leave date: There is no current leave date. Best guess: Sometime in early November.

No comments:

Post a Comment