Until recently, this wasn't considered an issue. However, because of the ever growing pollutants being released by major Chinese cities, the sand carries pollutants into the breathing air of Korea, Japan, Russia and in some cases The US. Thanks China.
A few days ago I started to feel a little sick. Nothing too serious, just a sore throat and a minor cough. As a person who rarely gets sick from anything, I was very curious as to what I was exposed to. Low and behold, the most common side effects from inhalation of the Yellow Wind are: sore throat and a minor cough. Again, thank you China.
The only positive thing that comes from this Yellow Wind, is the warning sign it issues before an outbreak. The sky turns a very odd color of yellow, like someone is holding a color filter in front of your face. It gives you enough time to either throw on a face mask or get indoors. I've heard that, under normal circumstances, the Yellow Wind only lasts through the spring in Korea and then the air current shifts giving a three season reprieve.
You have anything like this Johnny??

We only get yellow snow in NY.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling better Ad.
Love you,
dad
We had one day of the dust storm in Taiwan. I was in Taipei and couldn't see 101... pretty dirty. There's not a Yellow Wind season as far as I know. Sucks for you. (and pretty funny that you asked me via post in your blog.)
ReplyDeleteHmmmm....that doesn't sound too good. I'd be stocking up on some surgical masks. Who know what kind of pollutants are in the air. Especially if it's making you feel sick at times. I hope Summer comes quickly for your sake. Love you. Thanks for the update, Mom
ReplyDelete