This weekend I am making a trip, via bus, to visit Steve in Incheon. I hadn't planned on posting again until after that weekend, however I feel the need to let everyone know about Pepero. Pepero is a holiday candy that comes about about two months before Christmas (yes, they have that here too), in which it is [now] apparently customary to gift to friends, family or teachers.
What exactly is Pepero, you may ask? Well, it comes in one of two forms. The first form, the more traditional, where an unsalted pretzel is dipped in chocolate. The second form is equivalent to the Pepperidge Farm Pirouette with a chocolate filling. Both are delicious.
As of now, it is 3:40 in the afternoon on Wednesday, halfway through my workday, and I have already received three boxes of Pepero and another five 'singles' packages. As I look on the desk next to me, I see that Bella has only collected one box and a few singles. I have no idea how I got to be so popular with the children, but I'll live.
Sorry this was such a short one, but I'll have pictures and post come next Monday when I return from my trip to Steven.
UPDATE: Bella now has one more box of Pepero than I do. Also, I found out that today is a holiday, like Valentine's Day, called Pepero Day. It is celebrated by giving away Pepero (big surprise!).

Sounds like someone should start to re-gift before the holiday is over.....if they want to participate in the tradition of course ;)
ReplyDeleteLovingly,
your father
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Ad, you didn't hear, rather than paying you in won, they've decided to pay you in Pepero.
ReplyDeleteI love this holiday, it sounds delicious :P
Hi Ad,
ReplyDeleteHappy Pepero Day! So, how many Pepero's did you wind up with at the end of the day compared to Bella?
Mariss, that was a good one! LOL
I could like this holiday also! Tasty!
Your Loving Aunt Ellen :-)
Mariss, that was hysterical. He's going to be the wealthiest toothless person we know.
ReplyDeleteI am not surprised that you are so well loved! Happy Pepero Day!! Remember....it is better to give than to receive :)
ReplyDeleteLove and Miss you lots!
Mom