Thursday, January 14, 2010

January Update

You know, it’s strange, I’ve been so unbelievably busy lately, and yet, I’ve done almost nothing ‘blog worthy’. I’ve fallen into a daily routine, save the weekends, where nothing extraordinary seems to happen. I wake up early in the morning and walk 20 minutes to Taekwondo class. Afterwards, I hustle back to my apartment to get ready to go directly to work. I have about 45 minutes from the end of Taekwondo until I need to be in class and half of it is the walk back to my place. After school, I normally have an hour or so before I meet up with Rick (my Ausie mate) to go to the gym. From there, is dinner and then back to my house to unwind before I do it again the following day.

Having adapted in the past two weeks to this seemingly grueling schedule, my weekdays are too rigid to attempt something a little more interesting. The weekends, however, can be a little bit more unpredictable. With the addition of a Brit to our crowd of two, things are starting to fall into the ‘boys will be boys’ category. His name is Simon. He’s about 6 foot 3, a big 230 lbs (at least), blonde hair, blue eyes and about as thick of an accent as England could produce. Although, Rick and I hang out together literally every day, Simon fits into our wolf pack quite nicely. His work schedule doesn’t exactly allow the same freedoms that Rick and I have been granted as far as spare time goes, but he definitely makes the most of the weekends.

Moving onto a more relevant topic:

During the week, my Taekwondo classes are going very well. In fact, the only way Taekwondo could be made better, would be to shift the classes to not so early in the morning. I would much rather sleep until 10 than 8. The extra couple hours would go a long way.

Regardless, I am a lowly white belt and yet I could beat up all the black belted children in my class. Thus, proving that a belt color only represents having completed form training and not that you can beat up someone at least twice your size. Rick on the other hand is a fully fledged black belt, who also is my size. I don’t think I could beat him up. Consequently disproving people who think belt color only represents Taekwondo form training, and no fighting experience.

Any who, sorry for neglecting my blog for the past couple weeks. Believe it or not it was actually unintentional. I began a separate post about a week ago, titled: 5 things [I miss most from home]. I couldn’t exactly think of five things as fast as I thought I would be able to, but the list is coming along. Hopefully within the next few days I’ll bring myself to finish it.

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ad: I have a few black belts I can spare. What size? How is the teaching mood coming along? Glad you are fitting in with your surroundings. I look for a new blog post every day. Keep em coming only faster. Thanks and love. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ad,
    I'm sure you're enjoying your weekend by now and the wolf pack is back together for many rousing rounds of Soju after Soju.

    Any chance you can get your Taekwondo class to pose for some pix? Maybe a youtube video?
    Have a great weekend.

    Love you, lots,
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack."

    nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAOOOOHHHHH.....my boy is a wolf,and he has a pack! Makes a mamma proud!! Life is grand:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "5 things [I miss most from home]. I couldn’t exactly think of five things."

    haha. i'm going to steal this idea for a post. it might look something like this:
    1. dr pepper
    2. dr pepper
    3. dr pepper
    4. dr pepper
    5. dr pepper

    ReplyDelete