Smug [smuhg]
-Adjective, smug-ger, smug-gest
1. Contentedly confident of one’s ability, superiority or correctness.
2. Exhibiting or feeling great offensive satisfaction.
I first noticed this particular characteristic while working out at the gym Rick and I have been frequenting for the past few weeks. In fact, the gym, in general, brings out the smug in most people. Everybody knows exactly the best way to either lose weight or ‘get big’. I too am guilty of feeling a sense of superiority over the others training, however, I try hard not to exhibit such behavior on the surface.
I began noticing the exhibition of such concentrated smugness, when I began to watch the other people train. The older gentlemen will offer advice regarding the best possible chest workout, in their opinion, and the younger guys do it without question. I will give you an example: Remember those ‘shaking machines’ that people would use in the 1940’s to lose weight. Yeah, they still use those here. And not just the women, but the men will too.
It is also very important to remember that the men giving the advice on producing a larger chest seem to always be the smallest guy at the gym, without fail. For some reason the people procuring such blasphemy, seem to not even follow their own advice. It’s like going to the dentist and him telling you this great new way to get whiter teeth, while his are full of coffee stains. Nobody would listen to him. He’s a quack. Well, so are the smug older gentlemen with small muscles who are more willing to give advice than put in the work themselves.

OMG, that is too funny. I can just picture the gym there lined up with those vibrating, shaking, weight losing chubbies.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog Ad.
Love ya,
Dad