Thursday, June 17, 2010

And Then There Were Two

And then there were two. Today marks the first Rick-less day I will experience in South Korea since I first met him 6 months ago. We definitely had some outrageously fun times together, almost all of which I can’t comment on this ‘family friendly’ blog. Out of all the people that I’ve met since arriving here, I can easily say that Rick was the most unique. With a seemingly unlimited supply of jokes and stories (favorite: the kangaroo story) there wasn’t a minute of boredom, regardless of location. Rick, you’ll be missed.

On a more awesome note, next month I will be going on a cruise for 7 days/6 nights with the girlfriend. Departing on the 17th of July (the day after my birthday) from Busan, S.Korea, our itinerary is as follows:

1. Departing from Busan, S. Korea

2. Fukuoka, Japan

3. Kagoshima, Japan

4. Water

5. Shanghai, China

6. Water

7. Final Destination Busan, S. Korea

Upon arriving in Japan, I’ll be sure to catch as many Pokemon as possible. My real plan is to try and trade up for the largest Yen and Yuan note possible. I think that those would be pretty cool souvenirs. Actually, as I am writing this I am having second thoughts about that because anybody in any country can simply go to a bank and just exchange currency. So, I will be taking any suggestions for the coolest souvenir to bring back with me. We all know that having a Pikachu would definitely be the coolest thing to get.

On to the topic of experiencing the World Cup in a country that actually likes soccer is immense amounts of fun. The whole city gathers at the amphitheatre near the river to watch the game on a jumbo-tron. It’s the equivalent of tail gating the entire game. And because drinking outside is legal, there are no worries about getting in trouble for public drunkenness. I actually poured myself a Jack and Coke not 1 meter from an officer during the first game. Epic win.

Temperature Update: It’s getting hot. Like 95 degrees plus 75% humidity everyday hot. Although my school does have a central air conditioning system, they are very reluctant to turn it on. Only when beads of sweat start pouring down my face do they seem nice enough to provide some relief.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam, great reading your blog. Maybe some day we can meet your girlfriend. Sounds like you are having the time of your life. Any news about renewing your contract? hOpe you have a great cruise. Grandpa & I are going on one in December but nothing like yours. Just going to Western Carreabean.Tell us about the ship and ammenities. Dont lose your Passport. You can pin it inside your clothes. There is plenty to buy in foreign ports., The Asians lie to haggle prices so you will have some fun.
    Till your next blog we send our love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your cruise and be safe!! Maybe you can get an authentic tea set when you are in China.Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete