Monday, June 28, 2010

Warning!!! Graphic Content!!!

I can understand that when I say, “Hey everybody! The mosquitoes here are vicious!” people obviously will think that they have experienced such carnivorous insects at some point in their life. I would have definitely had similar thoughts if I was reading this blog in New York. However, I can assure you, that if you do live in New York, you have no idea. I am sure everyone at this moment has begun to roll your eyes and began to chuckle. Maybe even a few of you have thought that I am overreacting to a situation that really isn’t that bad. Everybody has had it bad, I know. I think the picture below speaks for itself.

At this moment, I count 30 bites on my right foot alone.

Every day for the past month, I’ve woken up in the morning with my legs on fire. Even at this very moment I have about 15 places that I would like to simultaneously scratch. The craziest part of what I am experiencing is that the mosquitoes here are no bigger than a penny (including the legs). Which somewhat explains how they have been entering my seemingly airtight room. I’ve already had bites between my fingers, on my palms, my elbow (there’s no meat there) and even my forehead.

5 comments:

  1. Adam,
    Uncomfortable to say the least. I know you won't go to the Dr./hospital as we suggest to get a prescription, so try to get some calamine lotion (Caladryl) as a topical treatment to reduce the itching.
    You might also be able to find a mosquito repellent like Avon Skin So Soft.

    Hope you feel better quick Ad.

    Love ya,
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, Adam...Avon Skin So Soft.



    hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adam, Ironically, I just had a customer who lived in S Korea an worked for the US Embassy. I told her about your bug bites, and she confirmed that the mosquitos are pretty serious there. She told me to tell you to go to the store and get this plug in device and these bug repellent inserts that go with the device.Plug one inthe outlets in each room of your apartment. This should help you immensely. Good Luck! Let me know how this works. Also, Dad's idea w/ Caladryl or Hydrocortisone is a good idea. Hopefully you can get these meds there. Love you~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya: Grandma's word of wisdom. If all else fails, use VINEGAR. That should do it. Then, go to that restaurant where the fish ate your dead skin around your feet to remove the dead skin. If that fails, come home and I will cure it.

    Loveya, Grandma

    ReplyDelete